This position reports to the USA GM and collaborates efforts with other collegues at the company.
This job calls for a six month estimated training period in Almeria, Spain, where the Agronomist will learn KIMITEC’s products as well as work procedures. This period includes possible frequent travels within Spain and Others.
Candidate might be currently located in CA, preferly close to Fresno. Otherwise to be willing to move to required location s vacancy.
- Responsible to ensure that all technical recommendations from the Agronomy Group are effectively transferred and available to the Regional Applied Research and Extension Teams.
- Visits test plots and Commercial fields based agronomy projects on a weekly basis and document progress to other cross-functional teams and to the Agronomy Group
- Collaborates with Regional Applied Research and Extension teams to implement trials and support growers on cultural best practices
- Assist the Agronomy Manager in internal and external trainings.
- Participate and co-organizing Applied Research and Grower Extension meetings.
- Collect relevant data and information from Kimitec s Global technical network and effectively transfer the information to project teams.
- Participates in the assessment of new technologies and growing practices that can highly impact Kimitec s growing operations.
- Participates in the design of full crop cycle management practices for the projects on course in collaboration with the Agronomy Manager.
- Visit customers and potential customers and introduce them all company’s products.
- Recommend products and applications according to the crops needs.
- Suggest and plan with the Trials Dept. trials to be performed.
- Examine crop specimens to determine the presence of diseases or other problems.
- Conduct various field research activities, including but not limited to: note-taking, data analysis, reporting, and crop and pest sample collection.
- Conduct insect and plant disease surveys.
- Respond to general inquiries and requests from the public.
- Continuous learning and improvent.
- Travel to locations in the US and Canada are required, as well as to other foreign countries.
- Keep Area Manager informed is mandatory.
- Ensures the confidentiality of Kimitec financial, proprietary and employee information.
- Represents Kimitec in a manner that demonstrates KImitec Mission and Values in all interactions internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as instructed
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities, so other duties may be assigned. At Kimitec, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS.
- Previous experience working for an agricultural-related company is convenient.
- BS or MSc required in Horticulture, Plant Science, or Agronomy. Other agriculture-related areas of emphasis may be considered with 3-5 years of experience in Precision Horticulture or Production under Controlled Environments or Soilless Systems.
- 2-3 years of experience in Horticultural production or extension or agronomy support to horticultural crops
- Candidate must be disciplined, self motivated and have strong verbal/written communication and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- The ability to interact and work on a cross-functional team environment is fundamental
- Curiosity, accuracy, detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills are essential
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent documentation skills to translate field based projects progress
- Analytical skills to analyze problems in a multi- faceted way and to develop and participate in implementing solutions
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is mandatory
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to get along and work well with a diverse & multicultural group of people.
Candidates will send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://goo.gl/kwi6MD